- 150 Lux output
- Suitable for 6 - 60V DC supply
- Requires at least 7.5 W nominal output of the drive system's light connection
- Automatic sensor
- IQ2 technology
- Day time running light
- Light at close range
- Extensive beam pattern
- Supplied with a twin cable which is hard wired into the light ready to be attached to the battery
- Can be used with all Bosch & STEPS systems
- Screw on front reflector
- ECE mark for speed E-Bikes
- German mark of approval for pedelecs
- Requires: minimum 7.5 W nominal output of the drive system's light connection
For use with E-Bikes only ie NOT dynamo driven
The classically designed aluminium bodied IQ-X E is now available in the E-Bike version. Offering 150 Lux output this light can be used with E-Bike systems with 6 - 60 V DC power supply. It incorporates B+Ms IQ2 technology and offers an extensive comprehensive light field together with Light at close range. This means that you get a very impressive light affect. It offers a very homogeneous light field which spreads out in front of the bicycle, enabling the cyclist to accurately see everything - the immediate close range, the width of the road exceeding the kerbside and also more than 40 metres distance. Cycling in the dark becomes a pure joy and is safer than ever. The light also has B+Ms integrated daytime running light system which enables other road users to see you via the use of separately incorporated LEDs. Supplied with a stainless steel mounting bracket.
Light At Close Range:
For a secure ride it is important to be able to see the road directly in front of the bicycle. Bumps or potholes in the road can be seen better if this area is lit and can be circumnavigated by short and intuitive steering. During darkness this is only possible if the area between one and four meters in front of the bicycle is lit brightly and homogenously. Subjectively the need for light at close range is higher the slower one is riding, because one's balance can more easily be influenced by obstacles. "With light at close range" means that the light field emitted by the B+M headlights starts directly one meter in front of the bicycle.
Daytime Running Light. Better Seeing And Being Seen:
For bicycles which are less conspicuous in traffic by nature a daytime running light is a substantial advantage. LICHT24, the daytime running light from B+M is the ideal solution. Additional signalling LEDs shine upwards and generate maximum visibility. The "regular" riding light is focused on the road and limited by its clearly defined light/ dark boundary to prevent glaring on coming traffic.
When a headlight with LICHT24 is switched on it will always shine: during day and night. LICHT24 has a day mode and a night mode. As soon as the integrated sensor is activated, it switches automatically between both modes. LICHT24 is approved by the German road traffic regulations. The day mode may also be used at night because the main LED is always active.
IQ Technology: The Light Revolution:
Designed by B+M the core of IQ-TEC is the revolutionary idea to use a high output LED as an indirect light source. The complete reflective surface is used to focus and guide the light. If one looks into the reflector of an IQ headlight one only sees the metalised surface. Once the headlight is turned on what takes its place is "nothing but light" with superb efficiency and barely any wasted stray light.
Please note the following recommendations from Busch + Müller if you are planning to install your own E-Bike lighting system:
- Establish and/or measure the voltage on the cables or connecting point intended for the connection. Make sure this is within the parameters of the light specification
- Establish and/or measure the polarity of the above mentioned connection and make sure to connect respectively to the correct pole using the instructions and/or the + / - signs on the light
- If you are not able to establish either of the above, or are not sure then please refer to your local electric bike specialist to install the lights for you